Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Top 5 News Sources

Top 5 News Sources


 

1. News Nation

News Nation is one of my top sources for news. I enjoy it because
 unlike many other news sources, News Nation is unbiased. They report on fact rather than on opinion, which in this day and age, this is very important. Fake news can be spread easily, especially with social media. News nation has been recognized for having a high factual rating which helps me get the facts right and form my opinion.. Being a student who loves to debate, I enjoy fact checking my points with News Nation because they are unbiased are always one I turn to first. 


2. Instagram

Shockingly, I rely on instagram as one of my top 5 news sources. When you say "Instagram" most people think of the generic influencers talking about their days, people spreading fake news, trying to cause world panic, or AI videos of dogs on skateboards your mom sends you. However, I enjoy Instagram for news because I follow lots of big name news companies on instagram like Fox news or even The White Houses official page. Many news sources will post brief videos/posts about major headlines. This is very helpful because while i'm just scrolling social media I can also catch up on the news. It also helps with moderation, I can read news pieces while also watching funny reels. Instagram also has built in fact checking so you can read why certain things are misleading.




3. Vouge

(Vouge Magazine, Alix Earle)
 Vouge is actually a news source i've been referring to ever since a young age. Each season, I receive a magazine in the mail. Getting the magazine in the mail rather than reading an online version gives me a sense of nostalgia. It brings me back to being a kid and looking through my moms magazines. It excites me to be able to read and look at all of the new fashion trends, celebrity drama and the newest luxury drops. I honestly enjoy it this kind of news far better than watching or listening to it. When I read the magazine, the world around me quiets down which I feel is the best part of it all.






4. Apple News 


Apple News is honestly a very underrated news source that is built into everyones phone and often overlooked. I really like to use apple news because the headlines are not deceiving like other news sources; they are concise and informative. Another thing I like about Apple News is that I don't have to check the app 24/7 to be able to hear about important updates. I get a simple notification on my screen that I can choose to click on and read more or just go on with my day. Apple news is said to be a very credible which is another reason I go to them for my news. However, I do not turn to them for politics since they learn in the opposite of my political views but they are still one of my favorite sources of news.




5.   Tiktok

Lastly, I like to use Tiktok as one of my top news sources. Similarly to instagram, I like to use Tiktok because I can follow up on different news outlets. Different from Instagram, tiktok more video than reading. Unlike watching the news on tv its a shorter less than 60 second summery. TikTok is actually on of the most popular apps for Gen Z to use for their news consumption. With it being more and more popular with the newer generations it becomes a very valuable source to get your news from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 5 News Sources

Top 5 News Sources